Sunday, November 28, 2010

Praying the Rosary


Adult Faith Formation is represented in our Board Improvement Plan and is one of our SMART Goals this year (our School Improvement Plan is posted on our website http://www.ctk.ca/). 

Our board has made a concerted effort to offer Adult Faith Formation sessions for its employees as part of our faith journey as Catholic educators.  This is a noble endeavour and one that I have promoted to our staff at CtK.

A previous blog alluded to Father James Mulligan's comments regarding the differences between a little "c" and big "C" Catholic.  The institution of the faith sessions will help many of us get closer to the latter.

As part of my faith journey, I have made a commitment to pray the Rosary on a consistent basis. My wife and I went out and each purchased a Rosary this past weekend.

Being reacquainted with how to pray the Rosary has been an educational and spiritual experience.  I had completely forgotten the Fatima and Hail Holy Queen prayers.

I am reminded of some of the promises of Mary to those who pray the Rosary.  Primarily, the recitation of the Rosary is a sublime way to affirm the sacraments of our faith.

Thanks for reading.  Looking forward to your comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment